Properties built prior to 1920 are usually constructed with solid walls. Solid walls allow twice as much heat to escape from your home than cavity walls, but insulation will significantly reduce the amount of heat that the walls let escape.
External solid wall insulation is an effective measure for preventing heat loss from older properties and offers the additional benefit of revamping the outside appearance of your home. If you are not wishing to alter your home’s outside appearance, internal wall insulation is an effective alternative.
- Improved levels of comfort. Insulating your solid wall home will provide a much more comfortable living environment by improving the walls' thermal efficiency.
- Fuel bill savings. Insulated buildings require much less energy to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Reduces condensation and damp. Solid wall insulation provides a breathable and durable finish to the exterior of your home, helping to eliminate condensation.
- Transforms your home. External solid wall insulation will renew the appearance of your property, as well as improving the property's overall weather resistance.
- Easy maintenance. The external finish of your external wall insulation is virtually maintenance free and self-cleaning.
How it works
External wall insulation is achieved by fixing insulation slabs to the outside walls of a property, which are then coated with a decorative finish. More commonly used designs are silicone render or a pebbledash finish.
With all insulation methods for solid wall properties, consideration must be made for preparation and reinstatement of features applicable to your property. For example, rainwater pipes.
If you are interested in solid wall insulation or require more information, please contact us - you can speak to one of our Energy Team, who are trained to offer you the most up-to-date and accurate information.