Solar iBoost - Solar Immersion Diverter
Maximise the use of the solar energy generated by your panels - generate free hot water
A Solar iBoost uses energy that would normally be exported from your solar photovoltaic panels to the grid to instead heat your water, by diverting the solar energy to heat the water in your tank.
- Fuel bill savings. You could be saving up to £250 annually with the free hot water the Solar iBoost will be generating for you.
- Will not affect your Feed-in Tariff payments.
- Preserves the environment. Heating your water with the green energy produced by your solar photovoltaic panels will contribute to alleviating your carbon emissions.
- No need to change the existing immersion heater.
- 3-year product warranty.
- Simple and quick to install.
- Affordable alternative to a solar battery
A Solar iBoost has two components: the controller, which is usually situated in your airing cupboard, and a "sender" located at your main electricity meter, often found outside. The sender has a clamp which monitors whether or not the electricity your panels are generating is being exported to the grid. The sender will wirelessly communicate to the Solar iBoost how much of your electricity is being used by the household, so the Solar iBoost knows how much energy to release to the immersion. The Solar iBoost intelligently ensures that only excess generated power is used to heat the water.
The Solar iBoost has a manual boost function that allows you to override the system and switch on the immersion to run from the grid if you need it.
If you are interested in a Solar iBoost or require more information, please contact us - you can speak to one of our Energy Team, who are trained to offer you the most up-to-date and accurate information.