Air source heat pumps provide heating and hot water in a cost effective and sustainable way.
They can offer you significant savings on your fuel bills as well as a reduction in your carbon footprint, as they generate heat from the natural air which is continually in plentiful supply.
- Fuel Bill Savings Air source heat pumps are much cheaper to run than direct electric systems, oil boilers and solid fuel boilers.
- Renewable Heat Incentive Payments This means you will receive payments for each kWh of renewable heat your heat pump generates.
- Will not require fuel deliveries. Heat Pumps are a much more convenient renewable option than biomass boilers.
- Highly Efficient. An air source heat pump can convert 1 kilowatt of electricity into 2.5 kilowatts of heat, by taking 1.5 kilowatts of electricity from the air. For comparison, an A-rated combined boiler can only turn 1 kilowatt of gas or oil into 0.9 kilowatts of heat.
- Preserves the environment. Air source heat pumps offer a clean, sustainable, and efficient way of producing heating and hot water.
- Fully programmable and work with radiators.
Anticipated Return on Investment over 20 years for an Air Source Heat Pump
Figures are based on the generation of 18,000 kWh of heat and a previous fuel type of oil. Read more about the installation here.
How they work
An air source heat pump will extract heat from the outside air, converting it into high grade heat by passing it through a compressor where its temperature is increased. The heat is then used for space heating and hot water. An air source heat pump will work at temperatures as low as -20°C.
Air source heat pumps are very efficient; they can convert 1 kilowatt of electricity into 2.5 kilowatts if heat, by taking 2.5 kilowatts of electricity from the air. For comparison, an A-rated combined boiler can only turn 1 kilowatt of gas or oil into 0.9 kilowatts of heat.
Air source heat pumps are installed outside of your home and can be fitted to a wall of placed on the ground. To get a good flow of air, they need plenty of space in front of them. You air source heat pump installation must be specified and designed for your home by an experienced professional like Solarwall, to ensure the maximum efficiency of the system.
If you are interested in air source heat pumps or require more information, please contact us - you can speak to one of our Energy Team, who are trained to offer you the most up-to-date and accurate information.