Solarwall Ltd - Environmental Policy
Solarwall are a family-run company who install renewable energy technologies - including solar panels for electricity and hot water, and air and ground source heat pumps - and insulation measures, including cavity wall, loft, suspended ceiling, internal wall and external wall insulation. Established in 1977, we work primarily throughout the North East of England, and have helped homeowners, schools, and other businesses in the area to become more energy efficient.
Protection of the environment is at the core of Solarwall Ltd’s values and principles; not only do we consider it sound business practice, we feel it is our responsibility to work in a sustainable way as a green energy company. It is essential to Solarwall that we work in a sustainable manner and consider the environment in every aspect of our work.
In the implementation of this policy statement, Solarwall Ltd commit to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water;
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture;
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders;
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation;
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
Solarwall Ltd will communicate its environmental policy to all staff via the organisation’s environmental champion, Dean Abbott, and ensure it is visible within the office and made available to suppliers, clients and any other interested parties on request.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and made available to the public. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation.
Sue Lamb - Managing Director - May 2015